Thursday 9 September 2010

♥ Raining

Once again the clouds gather,once again it begins to rain……… Once again I begin walking through the vast stretch of the memory lane. Some forgotten, some half remembered and some memories which I wish i could forget. Rains bring along shares of joy and pain. Rains are a bliss when the earth gets parched in the scorching heat. Rains are a curse when they claim so many lives together with so many dreams as floods.


My memories of the rain are an admixture of happiness and some deeply ingrained sorrows.Rains remind me of those tender childhood moments. Rains were sometimes scary too, i still remember how i used to hug my mom every time the lightning struck. Rains remind me of that intoxicating smell of earth and those seven colours of the rainbow which i used to see and feel from my terrace.Every time I wanted to school, these rains used to be an excellent excuse. I grew up with the rains. I have enjoyed seeing people enjoying the rains by getting drenched, so often have i contemplated with the idea of throwing away my umbrella and going out for a rain dance .But circumstances have always prevented me from doing so. Rains have always had an intricate relationship with my emotions.The day when i stood second in my class for the first time after years of being on the top consistently, it rained heavily that day.


Till today i couldn't understand was it raining that day in happiness or was it the rain of my pent up emotions which lay hidden within me for three long years. Ever since the rains have always been a part of my life. From the rains of childhood,to the rains of my first love.. These rains have brought along a myriad of feelings.Sometimes of innocence as a paper boat, sometimes of scare as the thunder. Finally of the pain of never being able to walk in the rain without an umbrella and say like the great comedian Charlie Chaplin had once said " I love walking in the rain, because in the rain nobody can see me crying ” .

It's a meaningful post if you love raining day


Lavender

No comments: