Tuesday 29 September 2009

Who Knows What the Future Will Bring

I know you may not believe me
The answer is not clear
But if I can let you see
I am trying to get rid of my fear

I'm seeking my feelings from up above
All our memoires seemed to go too fast
The answer may end in what we think is love
Unlike what it did to us in the past

By the time you read this, you'll be in a different place
You can be gone anywhere to a year
And it might be difficult to trace
So this is not so hard to hear

The years will come and go
By then I'll be off to college
And it will seem like a long time ago
When we both needed more of our knowledge

So this is my dream
Maybe in the future we can be one
A pronounced team
Saying that we finally won

The timing for now
Won't be good for either of us
We just can't let this allow
And this seems like a must

When both of us have our futures set straight
I will have to admit
That it seems like our fate
For each other, one will be in it

For the time being
Lets still remain the best of friends
It won't be like I'm fleeing
Because of love will never end

For the both of us the future is our calling
Both of us doing the things we want to do
The answer and wait might be appalling
But that is our final clue

It might be our destiny to be together
Only the future knows the best
Maybe we will be with one another forever
Or that can be one's final test

Sure we can still text and call
As best friends should
Still let us not go down and fall
I knew all along we could

So farewell my friend, the Marine
I'm so very much proud
Fighting for ones country, and wearing the brave green
I just want to shout that out loud

Wherever time may set
Our friendship will remain strong
Like ever since the day we met
It might as well be written in song

Can't wait to see you in a year or so
May it be then or not when we start our love
We will just have to wait to know
And listen for our message set from above

For now let what I have written all be true!
I can't express how proud I am of you !
You are
The Few. The Proud. The Marines.
LaVenDer

No comments: